I’ve actually been pretty speedy this year, and planned and bought my boyfriend’s Valentines Day present and card [ yes, that's right we do presents after setting the bar pretty high last year (our first Valentines Day) long before we were both living on student budgets], but incase you haven’t thought about it yet and whilst you still have time to order online. Here’s my top lists of presents to get your boyfriend/ girlfriend…
Left to Right:
1) Polaroid Love Notes – £10.99 : These cute little love notes from Urban Outfitters come with their own individual envelopes – this would be a great present for a girlfriend away at Uni as you could send her one for every month.
2) Emma Bridgewater Pink Hearts Mug – £17.95: I really have a thing about cute mugs at the moment and this one is really nice. Again, another present perhaps for a girlfriend who you don’t see very often, or just one that appreciates a good cup of tea. A nice present to go with this might be some fancy hot chocolate. Available at John Lewis.
3) MAC “Please Me” Lipstick – £15.00: Personally, I think that MOST girls would be impressed with a MAC lipstick as a present, which one depends on you, but I thought this “Please Me” shade is pretty and not too bold, perfect for a Valentines pukka-up. You can buy this online at the MAC website.
4) Olivia Burton Black Applied Butterfly Watch - £82.00: Now I know that I have shown you this watch before in my Top Highstreet Wrist Watches post, however I do think this watch is simply exquisite. It is so pretty and sophisticated and if I wasn’t so in love with my own Marc Jacobs watch I would be out the door to buy it, because I think it is beautiful. Any girl would be lucky to receive this gift for Valentines. This watch is currently available on ASOS.
5) Soap & Glory “Soaper Heros” Gift Set – £13.50: I am always preaching to my males friends that if they don’t know what to get a girl, they can’t go wrong with some nice bath and shower products and with Soap & Glory there’s certainly no going wrong. This giftset in particular, available at Boots, contains some of my favourite Soap & Glory products – so let your girlfriend pamper herself with a very special giftset.
6) And finally, last but not least, for the big spender on Valentines day you can’t go wrong with these beautiful Alex Monroe Classic Daisy Stud Earrings, Silver which retail for £114.00 at John Lewis. These would make a really lovely gift for that someone special.
1) GPO Stylo Retro Turntable Record Player in Piano Black – £39.99. Alot of my friends are really getting into vinyls at the moment and they do sound and look pretty cool. For mine and Lewis’ first Christmas I bought him the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits Vinyl, which he frequently plays and he has framed the sleeves in special vinyl frames in his bedroom. This one from Argos is a pretty good price, however you can buy vintage ones from Urban Outfitters from about £115.00.
2) Bull Dog Original After Shave Balm - £2.74. At the very cheap end of the scale, alot of men are really getting into skincare products at the moment, with companies like BullDog proving to be some of the most popular. This is just the After Shave Balm they make, but you can buy a variety of different moisturisers and other male products by BullDog online or in store at Boots.
3) Hollister First Point Shirt - £44.00. For the fashionable man, this Hollister Shirt is very smart but can also be worn casually. The navy colour is really nice and may make your man look a bit like one of those Abercrombie and Fitch models – I don’t see a down side girls!
4) Following the theme of clothing, these Jack Wills Gosworth Slim Sweatpants retailing at £49.50 are an ideal gift for the Uni Boyfriend/ General Couch Potato who can lounge around in comfortable style in a pair of these from Jack Wills.
5) Phone Links/ RC Remote Control Ferrari F50 Red Motion Car iPhone - £22.99. Well they say that boys love toys, and they especially love gadgets, so if your boyfriend is into cars and his iPhone this might be a great gift. The remote control car is controlled by an App on your iPhone/ Andriod so it’s easy to use and fun to play with. Find this product at Play.com.
6) Diesel Fuel For Life He Eau de Toilette - £25.00. Finally, you can’t go wrong with a really nice-smelling cologne to keep your man smelling fresh. This Eau de Toilette from Diesel is available in John Lewis and is made from a magic potion of mysterious star anise, vintage raspberry and authentic heliotropine.
Well that’s all I’ve got for last minute Valentine’s ideas. I hope you enjoyed the post. Would love to hear what presents people are giving on Valentine’s Day – particularly to boys [I always find them tricky to shop for!]